Pages

CAPSTN2 - Into The Light


Into the Light is a third-person action adventure game which follows the story of Will as he follows his son, Elliot, in a realm that leads to paradise.


Awards:
2nd Place - Best in CAPSTN2 Project

Made with Unreal Engine 4.

Development Team:
  1. John Alson Entuna - Project Lead, Technical Director, Lighting Artist, Cinematic Director, Character Artist, Gameplay Programmer
  2. Mario Joshua Ignacio - Lead Programmer, Game Designer, Script Writer
  3. Paul Aguilar - Lead Game Designer, Game Director, Level Designer, Level Scripter, Producer
  4. Alexandra Arcega - Environment Artist, Marketing, Advertising
  5. Jed Ralph Pascua - Art Director, Character Artist, Environment Artist
Roles:
  1. Lead Gameplay Programmer
  2. AI Programmer - Behavior Trees and Environment Query Systems
  3. UI Programming - UMG and C++
  4. Script Editor
  5. Game Designer
  6. Voice Actor - Will (Young) and Elliot







Our second thesis game, and our final game as students in the College of Saint Benilde. Into The Light is to me, the summary of everything me and my team have gone through since we all formed our team.

Having already familiarized myself with using Unreal Engine 4, this project went smoother than Ragnarok Protocol. This allowed me to make much more complex mechanics and AI. Due to the extensive amounts of mechanics featured in the game along with the general difficulty of getting action games right, this game was a huge undertaking.

This time around I served as the lead programmer, in charge of making sure everything was going smoothly code wise. I worked very closely with Alson, the other programmer on our team, and Paul, the lead game designer, to ensure that we were all in the same page when it came to implementing mechanics. 

The game itself is much more cinematic than our previous game, having full voice acting in both gameplay and cutscenes. This time however I only served as the script editor when it came to the story, but I once again did the voice directing for our voice actors. I also once again played minor roles in our game.

All in all I am very proud of what my team accomplished this time around. We were able to address a lot of the problems we had with our previous games and at the same time elevated all of our skills. Despite being the most tiring development experience I've had so far, this has been a very enlightening learning experience. It was nice to see that our efforts payed off. I will never forget my time being a member of GoaTo Interactive and I wish all of my team mates well as we now embark on our journey into the game industry.


GoaTo Interactive (from left to right): Me, Jed Pascua, Alex Arcega, Alson Entuna, Paul Aguilar

Stay tuned! I'll be adding more posts to talk more in depth about the mechanics and AI that I worked on for this game.







Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment